Box Office Staff
Box Office Supervisor
Box Office Manager
Rate of Pay
£10.90/hr (plus holiday pay)
Dates of Work
30th July – 29th August 2023
Various minimum hour contracts available (20-48hrs per week)
- Perform transactions for all events on the ticketing system with efficiency and accuracy.
- Providing excellent customer service in person and over the phone
- Maintaining our customer records and updating customer details where necessary
- Know and understand the operations of the Underbelly ticketing system. Familiarise yourself with each event (ticket prices, discounts, restrictions, reserved or general admission seating, etc.)
- Ticket collection for sales via third party agencies
- Direct audience members to venues.
- Provide accurate information and directions to audiences and visiting companies.
- Respond quickly and positively to questions, requests, problems, or complaints.
- Maintain general appearance and tidiness of the box office and its surroundings.
- Maintain line up and sold-out boards
- Keep brochures and flyer racks replenished
- Assist visitors with access requirements and access ticketing including personal assistant and patrons requiring additional access requirements such a wheelchair spaces.
- Selling merchandise and memberships where required.
- Escalate incidents and feedback to the Box Office Supervisor Team.
- Confident, enthusiastic, professional, and self-motivated.
- Good, clear verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Demonstratable knowledge of customer service principles.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent timekeeping skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast‐paced environment
- Ability to work independently (satellite box office work) and as a productive member of a team
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Capable of working a flexible schedule and extended hours, including but not limited to working early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Understand the importance of good communication and service in all aspects of the brand.
- Be IT and digitally literate
- Be punctual and reliable
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability)
- 25% discount at Underbelly bars
- Staff social events
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.