Festival Technical Manager
Underbelly Production Manager
Rate of Pay
Dependent on scope of work based on complexity of venue/venues and shows.
Dates of Work
Mid April - 16h July 2023 (remote)
17th July - 1st September 2023 (Edinburgh)
Coordinating the technical requirements of visiting companies/shows to work within the limits of the venues.
Coordinating the visiting company get-in and technical rehearsal schedule.
Coordinating visiting company de-rig and load out schedule.
Arrange or advise in the arrangement of additional equipment that companies may need over and above the standard provision of the venue.
Overseeing technical staff during venue set-up and de-rig.
Liaising with Underbelly Production Manager and Technical Manager to devise venue load in, build and de-rig schedule
Managing the installation and subsequent removal of lighting, sound, audio visual & stage equipment in performance venues.
Managing technical staff.
Supporting technical staff during operational period.
Overseeing daily operation of venues.
Keeping track of information pertaining to shows, including turnaround notes, cue sheets and any other paperwork required.
Keeping track of technical staff working hours and time sheets.
Ensuring that all backstage facilities and equipment are maintained to the highest standard.
Ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to by technical staff and visiting companies and report any issues to management.
- An extensive range of experience working with lighting, sound, audio visual and stage equipment.
- Excellent working knowledge of programming of lighting and sound desks.
- Good working knowledge of rigging practices.
- Good working knowledge of construction for theatre and events.
- Good working knowledge of health and safety in a theatrical environment.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability)
- 25% Underbelly bars
- Staff social events
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.