Bars Operations Manager
Head of Bars
Rate of Pay
£715/week (plus holiday pay) – 5 days per week
Dates of Work
2nd Oct 2023 – 21st Jan 2024
- Oversee and manage the set-up, stock and strike of event spaces and bars.
- Ensure budgets and targets are delivered and costs are carefully controlled by monitoring P&L.
- Maintain systems and processes across the bar department to ensure the bars are run safely and efficiently and that service and operational standards and flawlessly delivered every day.
- Ensure the team adheres to H&S legislation and that all mandatory training is completed by all, on time.
- Work with the staffing manager to oversee hiring and staffing rota for each site to ensure the correct number of staff for peak and off-peak times.
- Work with the stock manager to oversee the management of the stock manager to ensure that correct levels of stock are maintained.
- A proven multi-site bar management background with experience in managing high volumes, and fast-paced bars.
- Confident, enthusiastic, professional and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills and leadership skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise your workload and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to recognise potential health and safety issues before they arise.
- Demonstratable knowledge of customer service principles.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent timekeeping skills.
- Can do attitude.
- Sense of urgency.
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Ability to work effectively in a team whilst also being able to work independently.
- Must hold a valid Scottish Alcohol Licence.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues
- 25% Underbelly bars
- Staff social events
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.