Job Title: Ice Rink Duty Manager
Department: Ice Rink
Reports To: Ice Rink Site Manager / Underbelly Operations Manager
Responsible For: Ice Rink Marshals
Rate of Pay: £15.00/hr (plus holiday pay)
Dates of Work: 6th November 2023 - 7th January 2024
Available Contracts: Various minimum hour contracts available (12-20 hrs per week)
Underbelly are running a new ice rink destination for Christmas 2023 in the heart of London's West End. We are looking to hire another Ice Rink Duty Manager to start ASAP.
- Managing a team of ice rink marshals, including creating weekly rotas signing off on timesheets.
- Actively monitor the condition of the ice rink.
- Welcoming visitors in a polite and enthusiastic manner, always paying attention to their needs.
- Responding quickly and positively to questions, requests, problems or complaints.
- Maintaining general appearance and tidiness of public areas.
- Managing any lost property.
- Assisting visitors with access requirements.
- Informing Ice Rink Site Manager of all serious incidents.
- Good, clear verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to recognise potential health and safety issues before they arise.
- Demonstrable knowledge of customer service principles.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent timekeeping skills.
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Ability to work effectively in a team whilst also being able to work independently.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability)
- 25% discount at Underbelly bars
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.